VTCT Level 2 Award in Facial Massage and Skincare
The VTCT Level 2 Award in Facial Massage and Skin Care is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to provide facial skin care.
Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment and how to promote client care and communications in beauty related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in beauty therapy to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to perform your own salon services.
|VTCT Product Code: AB20122||GLH: 98||Age Restriction: 14|
|Qualification Number: 500/8884/1||Units: 3|
|Level: 2||Minimum Credits: 12|
What will I learn?
- Hygiene, health & safety
- Related anatomy & physiology
- Contra-indications to treatment
- Consultation techniques and contra-action advice
- Product selection for various skin types
- Superficial and deep cleansing routines
- Skin diagnosis
- Skin exfoliation
- Skin warming
- Massage of the face, neck and shoulders
- Mask application and removal
- Completing the treatment: toning and application of moisturizer
- Aftercare advice
- Retailing – product advice and pricing
|UNIT CODE||UNIT REF||UNIT TITLE||LEVEL||CREDITS||GLH|
|UV20398||A/601/3987||Provide facial skincare||2||7||56|
|UV20453||A/601/4458||Client care and communication in beauty-related industries||2||2||20|
|UV20483||R/600/8763||Follow health and safety practice in the salon||2||3||22|