Who’s it for?
This course is designed for individuals who would like to start teaching or for those who are already teaching but need a nationally recognised teaching qualification for their career development
It is designed for both the private training industry and post 16 educational institutes, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
Guided Learning Hours – 48
The course is made up of three core units.
- Unit A looks at the role and responsibilities of a trainer/teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit B is largely practical and each learner is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 15 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice.
- Unit C investigates the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful teaching.
What you get out of it
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training certificate.
The aim is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment. Everyone on the course designs, delivers and evaluates a 15 minute micro-teach, gaining invaluable feedback from their teacher and peers.
What will I learn?
You will learn the skills and qualities required to become a successful teacher/trainer.
- Unit A looks at your roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Unit B involves planning your own session and the importance of providing an inclusive teaching setting that meets all individual needs.
- Unit C investigates the three main types of assessment in teaching and the pivotal role that ongoing assessment in teaching plays.