Level 3 Education and Training, Level 3 Certificate in Achieving Vocational Achievement
Level 3 Education and Training
Who’s it for?
This course is designed for individuals who would like to start teaching or for those who are already teaching but need a nationally recognised teaching qualification for their career development
It is designed for both the private training industry and post 16 educational institutes, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
The course is made up of three core units.
- Unit A looks at the role and responsibilities of a trainer/teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit B is largely practical and each learner is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 15 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice.
- Unit C investigates the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful teaching.
What you get out of it
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training certificate.
The aim is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment. Everyone on the course designs, delivers and evaluates a 15 minute micro-teach, gaining invaluable feedback from their teacher and peers.
What will I learn?
You will learn the skills and qualities required to become a successful teacher/trainer.
- Unit A looks at your roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Unit B involves planning your own session and the importance of providing an inclusive teaching setting that meets all individual needs.
- Unit C investigates the three main types of assessment in teaching and the pivotal role that ongoing assessment in teaching plays.
LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN ASSESSING VOCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT
Guided Learning Hours
The minimum guided learning hours (GLH) to achieve this qualification is 84 GLH.
The primary outcome of the VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is to prepare you to enter the specific sector of education and training as a vocational assessor. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of vocational assessor.
The VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a vocational assessor. This qualification is designed for learners aged 19 years or older and will support you to gain employment as a vocational assessor, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
This is a practical-based qualification intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment, and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (i.e. workshop, classroom or other training environment). Entry onto this qualification will require you to have full competence in the vocational subject area that you will be assessing and you will need access to a cohort of learners, so that you can gather evidence of real assessments.
This qualification includes units covering the principles and practices of assessment, assessing learners’ occupational competence in the work place and assessing vocational skills, and knowledge and understanding of education and training.
This qualification is the only Level 3 certificate offered by VTCT in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
What could this qualification lead to?
Whilst the primary purpose of this qualification is to prepare you for employment as a vocational assessor in the education and training sector, progression opportunities to level 4 qualifications also exist including:
– VTCT Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
– VTCT Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
– VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Who supports this qualification?
This qualification is supported by employers of vocational assessors who have confirmed that this qualification will enable you to gain the knowledge and skills required for the specific job role of vocational assessor in the education and training sector.